Introducing your Governing Body
A message from Ruth Robinson (Chair of Governors)
I took on the role of Chair of Governors two years ago and am delighted to support in making this school a fantastic place to learn. I live in Mattishall, have two young girls and I work full time in the financial services industry. This allows me to share my own working and family experiences and, along with all the other governors’ mix of skills and experience, we ensure you have an effective school that provides every child with the right environment in which to reach their own full potential.
To give some context as to what your governing body are there to do, I would like to share our key responsibilities:
1) Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
2) Holding the head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
3) Oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure it’s money is well spent.
We would welcome any feedback and comments you have and, if you would like information on anything specific, please do get in contact with one of us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or leaving a letter addressed to ‘Chair of Governors’ with the school office.
The school governing body as of September 2018 are:
- Mrs Ruth Robinson (Chair – Local Authority)
- Mr Geoffrey Curran (Foundation Governor – PCC)
- Rev James Rosie (Foundation Governor – Bishop’s Representative)
- Mr Ben Jackson (Parent Governor)
- Mrs Michelle Riches (Parent Governor)
- Mrs Alex Madeley (Staff Governor)
- Vacancy (Co-opted Governor)
- Mr Tom Snowdon (Headteacher)
Full governor information including roles, responsibilities and terms of office can be viewed/downloaded here.