Our aim is that children should enjoy their time at school. They should experience success, be healthy and safe, be challenged and stimulated, develop self-confidence and self-discipline and become confident, well-balanced individuals who are tolerant of others and well motivated. At Swanton Morley VC Primary School we all work together to ensure our Christian vision is truly lived and in evidence every day.
The objectives of the school are that children will…
- Have the best possible health and development opportunities, so that they are able to start making choices about a healthy lifestyle;
- Be safe, feel safe and be increasingly able to make decisions about risk;
- Be eager, excited, curious, creative and engaged learners;
- Achieve the highest standards of personal and academic attainment in relation to their age and ability, and recognise their achievements;
- Be confident, happy and able to cope with the ups and downs of life;
- Be able to relate positively to others by communicating clearly and being able to question, enquire and develop ideas;
- Be contributing to their world by being self-reliant, tolerant and cooperative.
To meet these objectives the school will:
- Provide a safe and healthy learning environment;
- Provide pupils with teaching of high quality;
- Provide pupils with a curriculum which meets their needs and the requirements of the National Curriculum;
- Manage available resources efficiently.
As a school community we have agreed upon three golden rules that help us focus on the core values of the school. These values underpin our Christian vision and enable our pupils to flourish in a safe and caring environment.
Respect personal space
Listen and follow instructions.